CoolSavings

Thursday, June 17, 2010

COVERGIRL Blast (Product Review)

I am a BzzAgent and occasionally get sent products to test out & review, and share with other people. Recently I was sent Covergirl's new Smoky ShadowBlast (eyeshadow) & new ShineBlast Lip Gloss to try.

The Smoky ShadowBlast is an easy 2-step eye shadow stick with specially designed applicator tips to easily deliver a colorful smoky eye:
  • Step 1: Rounded end for shading the lid
  • Step 2: Tapered end for lining the crease and the upper and lower lids
It also comes in six color combinations that have been matched by professional make-up artist Pat McGrath:

  • Silver Sky
  • Onyx Smoke
  • Bronze Fire
  • Purple Plume
  • Citrus Flair
  • Tempest Blue
While the applicator tips do make it easy to apply your eye makeup, I was not impressed. I don't find it hard to put on eye makeup anyways, but my complaint is that this stuff is so slick, I had to go over & over my eyelid with the eyeshadow to get it where my skin wasn't showing through the shadow. That is forgivable, as it also allows you to just lightly color your eyelids. But what really turned me off was that after just wearing it for a very short time, it creased horribly on my eyelid. The slickness of the shadow also prevented me from being able to apply my eyeliner. So...sorry to say but I'm not a fan.

The ShineBlast Lip Gloss

  • Delivers a good amount of shine
  • Breakthrough ShineSculpt™ applicator hugs your lips' contours for optimum, smooth application and 4x more noticeable shine* The applicator is a little flattened on one side instead of being completely round like most lip glosses--I liked this.
  • It is available in 16 vibrant, shimmer and shine shades

    • Dazzle
    • Ablaze
    • Flare
    • Glimmer
    • Ignite
    • Sparkler
    • Heat
    • Firecracker
    • Aglow
    • Glow
    • Radiate
    • Fire
    • Smolder
    • Ember
    • Beam
    • Gleam
I actually really like the lip gloss. The applicator is nice & the gloss is not sticky or anything like that. It does add a nice shine! I tried the Silver Sky Smoky ShadowBlast and the bright pink ShineBlast Lip Gloss (I don't know the name of the shade because it doesn't say on the tube-hopefully Covergirl will change that).

Here are some pics for ya

Wearing both the shadow & gloss:


Close up (you can even see some of the creasing here):



Another closeup (you can see the creasing shadow but the gloss looks great!)



If you're interested, you can see the shadow in action:

No comments: